A few examples of ways we help:
- Anyone that has a need can call our office (at 733-8870), we will do an intake and assessment of the needs and then connect them to the appropriate resource to best assist them.
- Love INC has a warehouse were we receive shipments from Feed the Children and World Vision. We have a teacher program for all teachers in Tulare County to receive free school supplies for the needy kids in their classrooms once a month. Print your application today!
- Through our clearinghouse we are able to assess the needs of our clients and connect them to the resource to meet that need (learn more about that process here).
- We offer Money Management classes: a Christ-centered mentoring program to help families with their budget. Incentives are provided to aim in freeing up their income to reduce their debt and promote savings. (Donations are needed as incentives, such as: store gift cards, gasoline cards, laundry soap, groceries, etc).
- We offer scholarships, read about one of them here
- We offer Foster Care Kits for foster families who are receiving children in an emergency situation.
- We offer work experience to help people build a resume for future employment
- We offer a food bank.
- We offer clothing for low- or no-income families.
- We have a Knitting Ministry where we give knit hats and mittens to children in need.
- We have a furniture ministry.
- We offer a variety of ways to help the homeless.
- We offer a disaster recovery ministry.
- We have Bible Studies: call 733-8870 for times and locations.
- We offer Parolee Assistance: we assist with furnishings, clothing, food, work experiences and other items to help those set on recreating their lives.
- We offer other forms of assistance and referrals, too. We can connect people with various resources to meet their needs. From diapers and baby supplies for single moms, to utility bill assistance, counseling, or hygiene items.
- We also have a Love INC thrift store, Threads of Love. Which helps people find affordable goods and supplies. The income form this store helps our neighbors in need.